Content marketing is a way to attract customers by creating valuable content for them. A company creates and distributes relevant content that provides useful information for users. The audience consumes this content, becomes more loyal to the company, and becomes increasingly interested in it. As a result, people become interested not only in the content, but also in other areas of the company's activities.
Content marketing involves a long-term and systematic strategy for developing this promotion channel. The company must have a clear understanding of for whom and what kind of content they will create, adhering to a unified style. Content can be anything — articles, videos, images, or social media posts. A typical example of content marketing is blogs, where useful articles on topics related to the company's field of work are posted. People who may not know about the company but are looking for information from the article end up on the blog. By evaluating the quality of the article, the person pays attention to the author, i.e., the company, and learns more about it. The company gains a new reader and potential customer.
Advantages of content marketing:
- free promotion method — the company only spends on the salary of those who create content, and the materials themselves are distributed through free platforms;
- increases the audience coverage — when content becomes popular, it goes far beyond the usual audience and attracts people who previously did not know about the company;
- contributes to SEO promotion — publishing high-quality, relevant articles will become one of the factors of high website page ranking in search results;
- increases traffic — the popularity of content converts into website visits, and the company can get new visitors for a long time;
- increases recognition and engagement — users love to share quality content, and its distribution will cause more people to know about the company.
To launch content marketing, the company must know its target audience well and, based on its characteristics, develop content. Companies need to choose the format of content, its delivery method, and distribution methods. After that, determine the topic on which the content will be created and record future materials in a content plan. To create truly high-quality content, a person who really knows the subject matter will be needed. If it is about writing articles, it should be a copywriter. Together with him, the business owner must decide what communication style will be used in creating content. The success of conveying the company's messages and content marketing as a whole depends on this.